Osmio Zero Installation Sanitisation Kit contains 2 empty blank quick change filters and 1 empty blank post filter with a 28 Milton Tablets included.
We suggest sanitising the system every 6 months prior to the filter change.
Sanitising the Osmio Zero System
1) Lift the supply pitcher lid, then press the button repeatedly to dispense all the water out of the internal RO storage tank.
2) Remove 3 filters ( the Carbon Block, RO Membrane and the Post Remineralisation Filter). Insert the blank three filters in their place.
3) Fill the supply pitcher with 2.5 litres of water (do not put more in) and place it back on, add two Milton tablets, then wait for 5 minutes until dissolved.
4) Close the supply pitcher lid, this will refill the internal RO storage tank with Milton solution, wait until the pump stops and the filtering light goes out. Then dispense 250ml of water.
5) Wait until for 15 - 30 minutes for the Milton solution to sterilise all parts of the Osmio Zero system.
6) Lift the supply pitcher lid, then press the button repeatedly to dispense all the water/Milton solution until no more can be dispensed from internal RO storage tank
7) Remove supply pitched and rinse well ensure you rinse the filter in the supply pitcher thoroughly. Refill the tank with clean water.
8) Remove all 3 blank filters and then refer back to section 5.1. for new filter change process....or replace your original filters if performing an interim sterilisation e.g 3 monthly.
9) After sanitisation the fastest way to clean all the sanitising fluid from the internal tank is to lift the supply pitcher lid, then press the button repeatedly to dispense water until no more can be dispensed from the internal RO storage tank, then close the supply pitcher lid for the system to refill the internal RO tank. Repeat this step until no more sterilising solution can be detected...(usually 2 or 3 times).
We recommend you watch our short video of the sterilisation process.